The Counselor-in-Training (CIT) Program at Camp Taum Sauk is the first step in the transition from camper to staff member, as it offers qualified individuals the opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities at camp. Our program is designed to enhance the opportunities for leadership, decision making, and responsibility while creating lifelong friendships and memories.
Counselor in Training (CIT) Benefits:
- Develop leadership skills and communication skills.
- Create new programs and lead special event programs.
- Work with counselors to help problem solve in the cabins.
- Become a role model for younger campers.
- Build self-confidence and gain valuable camp experience.
- Make lifelong friendships.
- Help create the fun and be a part of the “magic” of CTS!
Counselor in Training (CIT) Requirements:
- Applicants must be at least 15 years old or entering 10th
grade at the time of participation.
- Applicants must have a genuine interest in camping and
- Applicants must possess a positive & cooperative attitude
Counselor in Training (CIT) Application Procedure:
- First, enroll for camp. Once you have enrolled we will email
you with the next step in the application process.
- Complete the CIT application form within your
Camp Taum Sauk CampInTouch account.
- An email regarding final CIT selection will be sent to you.
- 1st year CIT’s pay full camp tuition.
- 2nd year CIT’s pay a discounted portion of full camp tuition.